Home

Monday, June 27, 2011

I Love Her

Photobucket

Not much in the way of words for this post. Mostly pictures. I can't find the appropriate words to describe how normal I feel. Kate has just become so much fun, her personality is really taking off, she is showing off new skills everyday and working hard to get new ones too. I believe we are on the precipice of walking. She is now taking two independent steps and getting braver by the attempt, and she senses she is about to accomplish something big too.

Photobucket

The girl loves to swing. She gets mad when she thinks it's over, it makes all of us laugh.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had spent the better half of last year "waiting for my life to change". That is what I expected when I had Kate and received her diagnosis and that is also what well meaning people told me too. "Plan B", "readjust your dreams" ect.... Well I can't say when I came to this point but I know my life hasn't changed and it is certainly not over! This girl is every bit of the toddler I dreamed of, curious, demanding, loving, needy, trying to do things herself, happy, sad, teething, she has brought me so much more joy than I ever could have imagined. I am so okay with taking one day at a time now, I'll deal with the future when it comes.

I love her.
Photobucket

3 comments:

JC said...

First off, how cool is that swing!!! I have never seen one like that! Love it! And this post made me tear up, I share these feelings. Russell is every bit the little boy I wanted and hoped for. I know someone who just had a baby and they are adjusting to the Ds diagnoses, I am going to have them read this :) It was just beautiful! And Kate is ADORABLE!

Melissa said...

Claire loves to swing too, and gets MAD if we take her out before she is done. Yep, one day at a time is good, because our days with our girls are good!

Sabrina said...

Found your blog from Lilly's blog. We're adopting a little one with DS, so I'm learning all I can.

Just had to say your little girl is just beautiful!!