Home

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Funk

Maybe it is the weather, it has been so cold and snowy for so long. Whatever the reason I am in a funk. Not good because all I do is kick around crazy ideas and "what ifs" and "if onlys" , "why me", "why not me", you get the picture.

Our calendar is starting to fill up with all kinds of sports and activities for the boys, everyone is healthy, they are such good little students, Kate is doing well and is healthy but............I should be content but.....

I think it is just the down syndrome process, the healing. Instead of crying everyday (this time last year) to once a week, to a couple times a month to many really good days strung together, there is a natural let down. I have been on a high for what seems like several months her birthday, Christmas & New Years now it is a low phase, not crying, not sadness, just going through the motions kind of phase.

But the weather around here is a changing and I feel my mood may follow soon.

5 comments:

cathy said...

It will pass, a new normal, that's what you will learn to live & you will be happy, again.


I have not been to Holland, but I have been to "another" country when I also thought I was going to Rome. It took a while to get used to this place, but I did

my thoughts & prayers are with you
cathy

cathy said...

now let's see some pictures of your little ones!

Melissa said...

This time of year always puts me in a funk too. I dont' enjoy the cold, dreary weather we can have. I need the sun! I hope that things will starting being good again instead of just so-so. Love on your kiddos, and yes, we need some new pictures of Kate!

Bethany said...

We all have phases that we go through, and you will have more of them too. Hitting the 5 year milestone has been hard for me, because your child is on the brink of the real world at that point and all those feelings you smother, well they surface. Enjoy your baby right now, don't worry about the future. Speculation is worthless; deal with things as they come. :)

Anna said...

Was blog hopping and found you. I hope that with Spring ,now Summer you have found a new happy place. it was a long hard winter for many of us. We adopted our little blessing and I tell you we still went through the emotions. I finally started to feel human after being home 8 weeks, then a new happier place 9 months. Its been a year and things continue to move forward. I still struggle with being out and about, other people's looks, expectations, her pronounced delays and concerns and all that goes with being the mother of such a little one that will always have to work hard. Slow and steady. Your daughter is beautiful......