Home

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Because of Kate

Photobucket

I know, I know I changed the name of my blog. I knew I would from the beginning. It's like when you are naming your pet or for some even a child the name or nickname needs to fit, to be bona fide. The more I tried to think of a title the harder it became. Then the other night I was contemplating my life, which I do so much more now, the changes in our lives both good and uncomfortable where Because of Kate. Because Kate is in my life I will never be the same; I started this blog, I look at my boys differently now, I appreciate and value my friends so much more, realize what a great extended family we have, she has so much to teach us if we let her.

Here in the midwest our pools were christened this past weekend with little sun kissed cuties laughing, running and swimming about, showing us all how it's done, how to live and love life.

Photobucket
Owen is so brave this year. I can't believe how he has grown. I remember last year in the shallow end his little head tilted back so his chin would be above the water, standing on his tip toes and trying very hard not to bob even deeper. This year he doesn't even need me. He just says "watch mom".

Photobucket
Will after hours of all out swimming and splashing anything & everything the reward, something from the snack bar. One cow tail later and life is perfect.

Photobucket
Owen, this is soooooo Owen.

Photobucket
Kate, so completely chill.

Photobucket
After 4 boys I have been waiting to paint me some little toes.

Photobucket
This is who Kate resembles the most as a baby, Cameron. He loves her to the moon and back.

Photobucket
Look at my big girl, sitting up so nicely, that's my girl!

Because of Kate I am loving the first days of summer, not dreading them, soaking them in, every hour I have with my boys. Appreciating how they still want to be with me, they want my approval, they like all children just want to be loved, unconditionally. If they only know it was them who showed me how to love unconditionally, during the darkest season in my life, they were there so HAPPY & thankful for Kate.

No comments: