Home

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Do You See What I See

I often wonder how two people can see something, the same thing, yet view it completely differently. Some people may view my situation as tragic or sad while others will be inspired and even some grateful for their own blessings and sadly some who think we should have/could have prevented our situation.

I have finally landed on it doesn't matter what people think. I have one job and that is to love my kids, raise them up to be happy and healthy, confident, loving, accepting and compassionate.....The same goes for Kate.


John Wooden's father wrote down on paper and gave John these principles the day he graduated from the eighth grade and he carried it with him in his pocket.

* Be true to yourself.
* Make each day your masterpiece.
* Help others.
* Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
* Make friendship a fine art.
* Build a shelter against a rainy day.
* Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.

I can't think of any better advice. These are things I want to teach my children but first I must practice them myself. Because of Kate I will learn and apply these principles and become a better person whose life is so much richer because she is in it.

Tragic.....I think NOT

Photobucket

What I see is hope. A hope not for Kate (Kate is going to be just fine) but for me. Hope that life is not just going to pass me by as I rise and lay down with the sun but that my life will be a masterpiece. The beauty of it is I get to paint it, choose from the array of colors and the pattern of my firm strokes and soft brushes. A scene was set/chosen for me but I get complete it, turn it into a beautiful, full and amazing masterpiece for all to enjoy and view and take from it what they will.

What do you see?

No comments: