Home

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Did It

I am not a talented writer or photographer. I never thought I would ever have my own blog. However traditional therapy is not for me so maybe just maybe this blog is what I need. A little corner of space out there somewhere where I can just lay it all down.

You see I was thrown a curve ball on November 18, 2009. I struck out that day (i'll get back to that later). My fifth child was born, a girl, after four beautiful boys. We named her Kate Louise. We chose not to find out the gender, we never have, this pregnancy was a surprise so we decided to keep it that way. When Kate was born we were surprised to find out we finally had a girl and even more shocked to learn Kate had Down Syndrome.

Photobucket

That was my curve ball, I struck out that day but the good news is I get many more chances to get back up to the plate. After many months of dealing and grieving I am learning to hit this curve ball. This blog is not going to be about Down Syndrome, our family is not defined by a diagnosis, this blog is about our life-living, evolving, growing, getting stretched and sometimes it hurts but then it feels oh so good in the end. At least that is what they say....we'll see.

This is a journey and I know I am not alone.......
Callie

1 comment:

Patti said...

...no, you're not alone;) keep blogging, mama!