Home

Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer ..Summer..... Summer

Photobucket

Can you see it? The dreaded slip n slide's beaten path, the coarsely combed blades of grass. The very sight of this earthly artwork makes Jerry just shake his head "they're going to kill the grass". Please... it's summer (not technically) and kids love it. It is suddenly unforgivably dreadfully hot in Cincinnati and true to form it went from chilly, unseasonably cool to humid & 88 degrees.

Did I mention they broke the slip n slide in record time-8 minutes. Busted.

Photobucket
I spy a yard, sprinkled with jewel toned enemy warfare. I will be picking these up from now until Labor Day. Did I mention these are the BEST squirt guns I have come across.

Photobucket
Grass clipping toes, Further evidence of my littles destroying the yard.

Photobucket
How much these two boys make me smile. In all their splendor, full of joy, they are just "being" . What a child can really teach us about living and what is important and what really matters, if only we look. It is amazing sometimes I begin to feel overwhelmed by all I will have to teach my children when I suddenly realize it is they who are teaching me. They are reminding me of the joy I thought I would surely never feel again.

No comments: